MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE HEYDAR ASADOV MADE A SPEECH AT THE TURKEY-AFRICA 1ST AGRICULTURE MINISTERS MEETING
In his speech, Minister Heydar Asadov mentioned that, in recent years the result of President's attention of Azerbaijan to non-oil sector, one of the highest priority areas of the economy agricultural sector has entered to a new stage of development. In the country the considerable success has achieved in ensuring food security and in the development of regions. As a result of successful reforms in agricultural sector, the achievement has gained in development of regions by meeting the demand for number of strategic products at the expense of local production in Azerbaijan, by reduction of country dependence on foreign market in food safety and increasing the volume of export products. Providing farmers with diversified subsidies by the government has resulted in improvement of the welfare of people engaged in agriculture.
Emphasizing the existing close diplomatic relations of the country with a number of African countries and cooperation with 26 countries including African Union in the framework of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, Minister Heydar Asadov assessed the establishment of bilateral and multilateral cooperation at a high level in international arena for development of agriculture and fully provision of food safety as one of the main priorities.
Minister Heydar Asadov stated that in 2016 agricultural and food products with the amount of 8.6 million USD have been imported from the African countries and the export of agricultural products from Azerbaijan to African countries was equal to USD 251000. In general, the main import and export African countries are followings such as South Africa, Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Kenya, Ghana, Madagascar and other African countries. Minister also pointed out that Azerbaijan has favorable investment condition and great potential for agro-business. By mentioning that investor`s rights are fully protected by national legislation in the country, Minister invited the businessmen to invest in Azerbaijan in the field of agriculture.
Moreover, in the meeting, discussions have been held in order to ensure the food security in rural development, to improve the perspectives of bilateral cooperation among private sector representatives, to involve foreign investment to country for ensuring the sustainable development of agrarian sector, as well as to developp the cooperation between Azerbaijan, Turkey and African countries in the field of agriculture.
- 19-01-2017, 17:30 "The Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan Heydar Asadov met with the delegation led by Mr. Sayed Aga the vice president of Islamic Development Bank" On 19th January Minister of Agriculture Heydar Asadov met with the delegation led by vice president of Islamic Development Bank Mr. Sayed Aga.The aim of the meeting was the discussion
- 17-11-2016, 16:51 "DEPUTY MINISTER SEYFEDDIN TALIBOV MET WITH MRS. IVAN DUARTE THE HEAD OF BAKU OFFICE OF EUROPEAN BANK FOR RECONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT" On November 17, Deputy Minister of Agriculture Seyfeddin Talibov met Ivana Duarte newly appointed head of Baku Office of European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.The purpose of the
- 2-11-2016, 16:46 "HEYDAR ASADOV MET WITH VLADİMİR YAKUSHEV, GOVERNOR OF TYUMEN REGION OF RUSSIAN FEDERATION" Heydar Asadov, Minister of the Agriculture of the Republic of Azerbaijan met wıth Vladimir Yakushev, Governor of Tyumen Region of Russian Federation who paid official visit to Baku city to attend VII
- 31-10-2016, 13:35 "HEYDAR ASADOV VISITED THE COMPANIES OF THE COUNTRY SPECIALISED IN THE FIELD OF AGRICULTURE DURING HIS VISIT IN THE KINGDOM OF NETHERLANDS" Heydar Asadov, Minister of Agriculture paid an official visit to the Netherlands from 25 - 29 October 2016 .The main purpose of the visit was identification of new stages of prospects for
- 27-10-2016, 14:26 "MINISTER HEYDAR ASADOV MET WITH MARTIJN VAN DAM, MINISTER OF AGRICULTURE OF THE COUNTRY DURING HIS VISIT IN THE KINGDOM OF NETHERLANDS" Heydar Asadov, Minister of Agriculture has paid an official visit to the Netherlands from October 25.The main purpose of the visit was identification of new stages of prospects